Sunday, January 18, 2009

Even After Childbirth, Tim Still Won't Have To.....

........ do the laundry. And not just because I will turn the whites pink and the pinks white? but because I bought Jaci a pair of back-saver pedestals for the Washer and Dryer (some of you may know, that the Washer and Dryer were a semi-battle for Jaci and I as she was originally upset because I was going to buy her a top loader and spend less on the pair then I did on my riding lawnmower. So we compromised and went with the best rated front loading pair that costs just slightly more than my riding lawnmower did). What Jaci didn't realize when we bought the Washer and Dryer was that I was willing to "accept" her argument and get her a more expensive pair, but no way was I going to spend an extra $400 for the pedestals that they can sit on).

In typical Tim and Jaci fashion, I made Jaci a promise that eventually I would find her a good deal on pedestals and buy them. Since then (September), I have checked the clearance appliance sections at Sears and Lowes regularly and finally, Lowes had a pair. Both pedestals were marked down to $100 on clearance (open and scratched), however I was able to get an extra $20 of one because it was missing the neccessary bolts (which I then bought for $0.79 at Lowes) and was able to use a coupon for an extra $15 off. So all together, $165 out the door.

In case anyone has thought about getting pedestals and installing them yourself, they are pretty easy (must be because I did it) as long as you get a couple of strong buddies because you literally have to pick up the washer and set it on the pedestal and the washer weighs over 200 pounds.

Luckily, Jaci's good home cooking was enough to convince a couple of young, whipper-snappers to come by and help me install the pedestals. Or maybe it was my charm and friendly demeanor?

All jokes asides, if anyone has a front loading washer and dryer and no pedestals, you should get the pedestals. Jaci tells me laundry is much easier now that she dosen't have to bend over at all...... Just make sure to check Lowes before you pay full price!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Way to go Tim! You gotta love the bargins!